Sweet, Spicy, Tangy, Creamy – this dressing is a sure fire way to liven up any medley of mixed greens. Add sliced oranges, dried cranberries, an avocado, some walnuts – whatever suits your fancy – and you’ve got yourself a unique and amazing salad.
- 5oz full fat plain Greek yogurt (2% will work fine also, just not “low fat”)
- 1 Egg
- 2 limes – zested and juiced
- 1 medium orange, zested (save the flesh for your salad)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (or to taste)
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 Mango, peeled and finely chopped and divided into two piles
- Approximately 1 cup vegetable oil.
- Combine ingredients 1-7, plus one of the mango piles, into a food processor or cup that fits an immersion blender. Pulse everything a few times to combine.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil, starting with a few drops at a time, until a thick emulsion begins to form. Alternatively, use the immersion blender dressing trick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7kYiEB4ogYThis trick is really worth learning because in addition to making mayo, you can make aolis, dressings, spreads – whatever your imagination conjures up.
- Add the other mango pile to your dressing and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow to thicken up. Dressing will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.