Looking for quick, easy and delicious one pot meal that will fill your stomach on a weeknight? Here you go!
Time: 60 – 90 Minutes
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chunked into roughly 1 – 1.5 inch cubes
- 12 oz – 1 lb smoked sausage (try Cajun Andouille for a little kick), sliced into 1/4 inch thick ‘coins’
- 1lb Brussels sprouts, lose leaves removed, and halved.
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (plus more for serving, if desired… who am I kidding, it’s desired).
- 6 cloves garlic, minced, divided (i.e., two piles of minced garlic of roughly 3 cloves each)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 TBSP powdered, dried oregano
- 1 TBSP sweet paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Olive Oil
- Bring 4-5 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, for pasta. Leave it simmering with a lid on so it’s ready to go when you are.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Dice chicken into cubes. In a large bowl, using your hands, mix cubed chicken well with drizzle of olive oil, oregano, paprika and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice sausage and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Toss sprouts in dash of olive oil, 1/2 of minced garlic and Parmesan cheese. Arrange in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
- Combine white wine and chicken broth in a convenient container, set aside.
- On a lined baking sheet, roast sprouts in a single layer in 400F oven for 20 minutes total, stirring them around at the half-way point to ensure even cooking and browning.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or dutch oven, brown sausage over medium-high heat in 1 TBSP olive oil. Once most of the (delicious) fat is rendered, remove sausage with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Brown the chicken on all sides in the same pan.
- Add sausage back into the pan, along with white wine, chicken broth, minced shallot and remaining garlic. Bring to a boil, and then simmer, allowing the liquid to reduce by about half.
- While mixture is reducing, cook penne pasta according to package directions, about 12 minutes.
- In the last two minutes, add sprouts to the chicken-sausage mixture and stir well.
- Serve over penne pasta.